Salim-Sulaiman have established themselves as one of the most versatile and talented music composers in the industry. They have not only composed music for films but have also contributed to the world of music with their fusion of Indian classical and Western music. Their music has not only entertained but has also inspired millions of people. TheGigs should be your one-stop destination if you wish to book Salim-Sulaiman, or hire Salim-Sulaiman for your favourite shows.
Salim Merchant and Sulaiman Merchant, popularly known as Salim-Sulaiman, are two brothers from a Muslim family based in Bhuj, Gujarat, India. Born on March 3, 1971 (Salim) and July 21, 1973 (Sulaiman), they grew up in a musical family where their father was a renowned tabla player. They were exposed to music at a very young age, and their passion for music grew stronger with time. They started learning music under the guidance of their father and later trained in classical music under various gurus. Salim-Sulaiman have now become one of the most successful music composers in the Indian film industry, having composed music for more than 100 films in various languages.
Salim-Sulaiman started their musical journey by composing jingles for commercials. Their first break in Bollywood came with the film “Bhoomi” in 2001. Since then, they have composed music for several hit movies like “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi,” “Chak De! India,” “Fashion,” “Band Baaja Baaraat,” and “Aaja Nachle,” among others.
Apart from Bollywood, Salim-Sulaiman have also composed music for several international projects. They have collaborated with international artists like Akon, Lady Gaga, and Enrique Iglesias. They have also composed music for the Commonwealth Games and the Indian Premier League.
Salim-Sulaiman are not just music composers; they are also singers, songwriters, and performers. They have performed in several concerts and have also released their own albums. They are known for their fusion of Indian classical music with western music.
Top 5 achievements
- National Film Award: Salim-Sulaiman won the National Film Award for Best Music Direction for the film “Aaja Nachle” in 2008. The film’s music was a huge hit, and songs like “Dance With Me” and “Aaja Nachle” became instant hits.
- Filmfare Award: Salim-Sulaiman have won several Filmfare Awards for Best Music Direction. They won the award for “Chak De! India” (2008), “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” (2009), and “Fashion” (2010), among others.
- Coke Studio: Salim-Sulaiman were the first Indian musician to perform on the popular music show “Coke Studio” in 2011. They performed some of their popular songs as well as some new compositions, which were very well received by the audience.
- Performing for the Commonwealth Games: Salim-Sulaiman composed and performed the theme song for the Commonwealth Games held in Delhi in 2010. The song “Jiyo Utho Bado Jeeto” became very popular and was played at all the events.
- International collaborations: Salim-Sulaiman have collaborated with several international artists. They collaborated with Lady Gaga for a song called “Born This Way” for a Bollywood remix. They also collaborated with Akon for the song “Chammak Challo” from the movie “Ra.One,” which became a huge hit.
Book Salim-Sulaiman with TheGigs.in
Looking to hire Salim Sulaiman or Book Salim-Sulaiman for your next big event? Look no further than TheGigs, one of India’s top artist hiring agencies. Salim Sulaiman are known for their energetic and dynamic performances, and with TheGigs, you can book them easily and hassle-free. TheGigs offers a range of services to ensure your event is a success, from artist selection to event production. Trust TheGigs to bring your vision to life and make your event unforgettable with Salim Sulaiman’s electrifying music. Book now and experience the magic for yourself!